1. It’s going to hurt, so let it sting. Ignoring the pain won’t allow it to heal.8 things I learned when I lost my first love (via mauivvowie)
2. You can’t be friends with him, it’ll work for a little until your feelings get the best of you.
3. Someone else will make him happy, that doesn’t mean you didn’t.
4. When you’re drunk at 2am and want to text him because you think it’ll fix things, don’t. It won’t fix anything.
5. You can’t have the same connection with two different people, and you can’t expect things to be the same with a new person.
6. When 5 months pass and you think you’re over him, there will still be nights you cry and wish he were there.
7. Eventually new people will come into your life, accept them, you never know what they have to offer.
8. Know that the light in your eyes will return, your heart will open up to someone else, and time is the only treatment for a broken heart.
There’s nothing wrong with girls who do a lot to maintain their appearance and there’s nothing wrong with girls who do very little to maintain their appearance but there’s something extremely fucking wrong with girls who think it’s okay to judge girls for doing either or. Shut your crusty ass up for 10 seconds and let a bitch live.
She realised eventually, that some things were not supposed to be forgotten, and that instead, they lived inside of you forever and taught you lessons. And what frightened her the most was this idea that once you had been burned you could never really go back.Excerpt from a book I’ll never write #77 (via blossomfully)
People were like books, she thought; sometimes only the edge of a single page would become charred and other times entire chapters would go up in flames. And him? He had doused a dozen pages in gasoline and dropped a match among the sheets.
But then again, she reasoned, there were an infinity of possibilities on the blank sheets to come, and no one could control what she wrote on those.
fuck your poetrybut we can’t always have what we want (via anxieusly)
because there is
nothing beautiful about
feeling your heart drop
down into your stomach
just to throw it
right back up
and there is nothing
not being able to
breathe every moment
of every single day
and there is nothing poetic
about staining pillowcases
and flipping the pillow over
so your mother doesn’t see
and there is nothing in the world
that i want more than to
not suffocate every time
i try to stop drowning
STOP trying to prove that you’re not “slutty” like other girls and that’s why you deserve respect from boys
ALL girls deserve respect and their sex lives and sexual histories have absolutely NOTHING to do with the level of respect they deserve
STOP trying to set yourself apart from other girls, we are all in this together and we NEED to support each other